Is your interior design falling flat? Sometimes it’s tough to pinpoint what the issue is. Are you missing an essential piece of furniture for functionality? Is there a design element you want to incorporate? Are there too many colors and textures going on? If you’re feeling overwhelmed, not to worry. Today on the blog, we’re going to help you narrow down what your home is missing this season. Take a stroll around every room in your home, then have a seat! This blog is packed with info to help you get inspired.
If you think about it, there are plenty of ways to “fix” your existing interior design without starting from scratch. Follow the questions below for some tips and tricks to improve your space. Let us know how you will transform your space this season in the comments!
Are You Missing Color?
It’s easier than you might realize to get caught up in a world of creams, beiges, greys, and light browns. Neutral color palettes are classy and timeless, but if you’re yearning for more color, here are some tips for you:
- Start small! Add one color at a time in small doses to figure out what speaks to you. A few houseplants in colorful pots can add plenty of splash to your room. Wall art and tabletop decor are other simple ways you can dive into the color wheel.
- Set some boundaries! You might fall in love with the colored decor and furniture and then get disappointed when things don’t match. Keep a few main colors in mind as well as an accent color to set a framework for your room or open-concept area.
- Choose a calm color. You don’t have to commit to hot pink or neon yellow to get color in your room. Navy blue, forest green, and pale yellow are simple colors you can start with.
For more color inspiration, check out 5 Warm Color Palettes for Your Fall Living Room.
The key to a complete room is accessories. Fill your home with decorations that are sentimental, beautiful, or simply put a smile on your face. Here are some accessories that might interest you:
- Colorful vases that stand-alone or hold fresh flowers, dried twigs, cotton plants, and more.
- Wire figurines in geometric shapes like cubes, diamonds, circles, and more.
- Stacks of books to decorate a table or fill space on a shelf.
- Ceramic accents in various shapes like a bowl or drink coasters.
- Wall art that hangs loosely or rests in a frame.
- Texture pieces like wicker baskets, glossy lamps, or plush blankets.
Accessories make your home feel cozy and help you define your style. Use these choices to help you decide what accessories to add to your living room, bedroom, dining room, and more!
It may not be obvious, but your home could be missing some vital pieces of furniture. Here are some signs it may be time to pick up some functional accent pieces:
- There’s not enough room for you and your guests to sit on your sofa. Solution: Add an accent chair, loveseat, or recliner to create extra seating in your living room.
- You’re missing bedside surface space in your bedroom. Solution: Take a side table or nightstand and tuck it next to your bed. Add a lamp and a coaster to make it cozy and functional.
- The dining room is too snug for your dining set. Solution: Find a dining set that seats 2-4 people comfortably without taking up too much space at your local American Freight Furniture and Mattress.
- You can’t have overnight guests because there’s no bed for them to sleep on. Solution: Pick up an affordable bed frame and quality mattress to make a guest room on a budget.
There are tons of affordable furniture options at American Freight Furniture and Mattress that will fit your fancy. Click here to find your local store. We have living room furniture, bedroom furniture, dining room furniture, accessories, and mattresses.
If all the colors are lovely, all the accessories are perfectly placed, and you have functional furniture that meets your needs, there’s only one thing left to consider: your style preferences. Maybe, just maybe, your taste in furniture and decor has changed!
The best way to combat changing your next interior design plan is to set goals. Figure out what you like, what needs to be replaced first, and what your budget is. After that, you can start shopping! American Freight Furniture and Mattress is a great place to get started. We offer quality, name-brand furniture at everyday low prices.
Plus, there’s plenty of ways to take your furniture home TODAY! We offer low, easy payments through American First Finance. Try our same-day delivery or pickup for all in-stock items. Visit your local store for more information.
Wrapping it All Up
No matter what your home is missing this season, there are easy and affordable options to make your home stylish and functional. There’s more where that came from! Check out our other design inspiration over on the blog home page.
Join the Email List!
Did you know you can subscribe to our blog email list? It’s free to sign up! We send weekly emails featuring all the latest blog content PLUS fun quizzes that will help you narrow down your furniture style. Click the image below to add your name and email address to our sign up form. Be sure to keep an eye out for our first email. When you click the confirmation link, your subscription will be all set!