Deck the halls this season when you host the holiday party people will remember well into 2020. The key to being a great host is to plan and prepare for your guests and have fun! Today on the blog, we have a few helpful hints to make your holiday party planning and hosting a breeze! Let’s get started.
Whether you’re having Christmas for the extended family or your work friends are coming over for your annual holiday gift exchange, hosting the holidays can be intimidating. It’s much easier to narrow down your priorities once you understand the needs of your guests! Consider the following questions:
- Will alcohol be served at the party?
- Are you making/buying all the food or will others pitch in?
- Is this party for adults or all ages?
- Will there be a gift exchange?
- How long will the party last?
There are many more things to consider, but hopefully, these questions will help you get the ball rolling on your holiday planning. For more holiday entertaining ideas, check out 10 Dazzling Holiday Party Ideas.
The number of people attending your gathering should help you figure out your host duties, too. For example, a 30-person holiday party might be easier on you if you turn it into a potluck. For smaller parties of 10 or fewer attendees, you might go the extra mile and make a special meal. Whatever you choose to do, there’s no right or wrong answer! Just make sure there are enough food and drinks to go around.
Are you ready to become the host with the most? Not quite! Check out these five tips to help you make your holiday party unforgettable:
- Create a balanced spread of food and drinks for your guests. Try and add a variety of sweet and savory dishes so that there’s something for everyone’s liking. Plus, ask your guests if they have any allergies or dietary restrictions to make sure there are options for them. Make a sign-up sheet to ask guests to bring a dish or dessert to share, order a spread of takeout, or make your own homemade goodies. For drinks, you can make a holiday punch or offer soft drinks and a variety of adult beverages. There are tons of ways to feed your friends and family that are easy and delicious!
- Upgrade your furniture so that everyone has a place to sit. Your guests will be impressed by your brand-new furniture, and you will feel at ease knowing there’s plenty of room for all of your friends and family to gather in your home comfortably. At American Freight, we offer spacious and stylish dining room and living room options. Choose a formal dining table with a bench and chairs to fit everyone around the table. There are tons of colors and styles to choose from. You also need a living room furniture set to sit before and after the meal. Check out our selection of sofas, loveseats, sectionals, and motion furniture to find the perfect furniture set for entertaining in your home.
- Make sure you are dressed for the occasion. And no, we’re not talking about a glamorous sparkly outfit that matches your whole family. To be the host with the most, you have to look and act the part. That means you should wear something comfortable and stretchy to accommodate lots of movement throughout the night. Limit the jewelry and other accessories so they don’t get caught in your hair, wind up in the food, or even both! For gents, we like to recommend a stretchy lightweight sweater with comfortable pants. For ladies, a simple shift dress or a lightweight top and pants are the way to go. Looking nice and feeling comfortable will help you host the holiday party and enjoy it as much as your guests.
- Plan a gift exchange ahead of time or surprise your guests with an arrangement of board games for some friendly competition. You could also decorate cookies, gingerbread houses, or other sweet treats together. Gingerbread house decorating competitions and white elephant gift exchanges because they’re fun for all ages! There are so many activities you can plan to entertain your guests. Have fun with it!
- Set up your overnight guests in a room with everything they need. Whether you have friends or family staying with you from out of town, you need a bedroom collection and mattress to make them feel right at home. Great news! American Freight Furniture and Mattress has a variety of bedroom collections, traditional mattresses, and foam mattresses to choose from. It’s super easy and affordable to deck out your guest bedroom in modern furniture without breaking the bank! Visit a store near you to see our latest selection.
Follow these tips to make it super easy for you to host the holiday gathering of the year! From the food to the entertainment to the ambiance, we think your party is going to be spectacular! Let us know what you plan to do for your holiday gathering in the comments.
It’s super easy to get a new dining room and living room furniture set in time for your party. American Freight Furniture and Mattress offers same-day pickup or delivery for all in-stock items. That means you can purchase your new furniture TODAY and enjoy it in your home TODAY! Some furniture companies take weeks, even months to deliver your new items, but not us!
Stop by your local store to see our selection. To find an American Freight Furniture and Mattress near you, click here. We carry living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture plus mattresses and accessories.
Subscribe to the Blog
Did you like what you read today? If so, there’s much more where that came from! Join our blog subscriber email list to receive the most up-to-date information on furniture, decorating tips, style tricks, and more! We even post new quizzes a few times each month. Click the image below to sign up today!