A single chair can transform your living room. Add visual interest to your space with a colorful, structured, or bold accent chair from American Freight. We have countless options to match your color scheme and personality.
If you cling to matching furniture sets, you might be cautious to add a contrasting chair. Have no fear! In this blog, we have seven simple ideas to help you add an accent chair to your living room. Let’s get started.
You need a chair that checks all the boxes on your wishlist list. This is an opportunity to add a comfy reading chair or playful pattern to your room. Have fun with it! While you browse, keep these things in mind:
- How will you use the chair? Figure out if the accent piece will be purely used for decoration or act as a staple piece of furniture. Consider how many years you want the chair to last and who might inherit the piece when you’re through with it.
- Where will the chair go? Take measurements of the space in your living room that will be dedicated to your new chair. Plus, be sure to look at dimensions while you shop. If the chair might swap rooms over the years, consider the details like the legs and trim patterns to make sure the piece will match other settings in your home.
- What is your budget? Get an idea of how much you’re willing to spend. Make sure you leave room for extras like a matching ottoman or throw pillow to go with your new chair. However, it’s important to have a number in mind that you don’t want to exceed.
These questions will help you establish a good base for your accent chair shopping experience. For more living room expertise, read our blog 5 Reasons Your Living Room Isn’t Working For You (And How to Fix It). Now, let’s dive into the seven ways you can make a statement with your new chair.
Accent chairs add excitement to any room in your home, especially living rooms. Here are seven ways you can make a statement with a chair:
- Make an accent color the center of attention with a solid, colored accent chair. Choose a deep blue for a subtle look or go bold with a vibrant red or orange chair. Fun solid colors are a versatile option to add color to your space without committing to a pattern. Best of all, you can dress up or tone down the colored chair with a throw blanket, accent pillows, and a coordinated ottoman.
- Introduce a new texture with a velvet, leather, or tweed chair. Let your neutral color scheme thrive with an all-natural chair texture like wicker. Or, choose a silky, acrylic chair to add a modern and sophisticated corner to your living room. Sometimes texture is just the visual variety your room needs!
- Incorporate a two-toned chair. Whether the seat has a different colored back cushion from the bottom cushion or the whole piece is covered in a lovely stripe, two-toned chairs are a hit. We highly recommend choosing a chair with analogous colors, also known as similar colors, like various shades of green.
- Try a vintage chair. Mixing furniture of different ages adds good variety to any room. An older accent chair with a print from the 60s or 70s or an incredible hand-me-down could add the perfect element of variety. Plus, vintage chairs are often one-of-a-kind finds! You will impress your guests with a chair they’ve never seen before.
- Play with shapes by choosing an eye-catching chair. Try a tall classic like the Wingback. These chairs are perfect for reading or visiting with company. Add shallow Mid-Century Modern chair with square cushions and a simple, reclined build. We love to dress up one of these accent chairs with a fuzzy pillow.
- Invite a pattern into your living room. You won’t believe the pattern options you have for upholstered accent chairs. Choose a chair that perfectly matches your living room set, like the Heritage Gray Sofa and Loveseat and Heritage Gray Accent Chair. Dare to add a new pattern with a paisley, script, plaid, or abstract print.
- Choose a chair with dimension. Look for details like an embroidered pattern that actually lifts off the chair or a diamond tufted button design that presses into the cushion. We also love a scalloped design like the Emporium Accent Chair.
There’s more accent chair inspiration where that came from! Check out Amp Up Your Home With Accent Chairs for more details. Once you find the perfect chair for your living room, the whole design will seem to fall into place. To avoid buyer’s remorse, make sure you keep your color scheme, budget, and dimensions in mind. Plus, have fun while you shop! You might stumble upon a chair with an unexpected pattern or color that you just have to have.
Visit an American Freight Furniture and Mattress near you to shop our latest inventory. We bring in new products all the time, so be sure to stop in to see our newest selection. From pattern to solid accent chairs, there’s a style you’ll love for an incredible price at American Freight.
Plus, you can shop for all your other furniture needs under one roof. We carry living room, bedroom, and dining room furniture at low, everyday prices. Put your items on free layaway for up to 24 months. Apply for our low easy payment plan where you can take it home today for $50. We even have same-day delivery for all in-stock items.
If you know what you want, don’t wait! You can also shop American Freight ONLINE! Click here to learn how to make an online purchase. Once you make an account, simply log in and choose the store nearest you to start shopping.
Get a Free Subscription
Who doesn’t like free stuff? Well, you can get free access to all the blog content you want when you join our email list. We send weekly emails with all the latest blogs and quizzes for you to enjoy directly from your inbox! Click the image below to add your first name, last name, and email address. Note: Keep an eye out for the confirmation link in your email. You will not activate your subscription without clicking the link.