The future is foam! At least, it may seem like every mattress advertisement you see talks about a foam mattress. Maybe you’re hesitant to try one out because you’ve heard horror stories about how hot they are? Or, perhaps you’re perfectly content with your traditional spring mattress, so why change? In this post, we’re going to cover six reasons you should give a foam mattress a chance. You might learn something you didn’t know about foam mattress technology and, who knows, you might find out you like them! Let’s get started.
The Facts on Foam
Memory foam is formerly known as visco-elastic memory foam. According to Amerisleep.com, it was originally developed by NASA to help astronauts counter the gravitational pull during takeoff. Today, we know memory foam for its pressure point relief properties. Many people turn to memory foam mattresses because of the contouring abilities. Unlike spring mattresses that only change shape when you apply enough pressure or weight, memory foam adapts to your body’s unique shape and relieves pressure on the neck, back, and spine.
That’s just scratching the surface on memory foam mattress facts. Keep reading to learn other ways a memory foam mattress can enhance your sleep and quality of life. For help determining what mattress is best for your needs, click here. Click here for mattress size chart information.
Now that you’re familiar with the contouring properties of memory foam, here are some other facts you might not know about foam mattresses:
- Foam is durable and long-lasting. Foam won’t lose its shape like saggy springs can in a traditional mattress. On average, memory foam lasts seven years. The mattresses can offer optimal comfort and support for up to a decade if they’re cared for properly.
- Memory foam mattresses are super easy to clean. Vacuum the surface every now and then to remove dirt or dust particles. You also don’t need to flip or rotate a foam mattress regularly because it won’t wear unevenly like a spring mattress.
- According to The Daily Doze, Memory foam mattresses aren’t prone to as many dust mites as traditional spring mattresses. There aren’t as many spaces for dust mites to live in the foam material.
- Memory foam is a hypoallergenic material that limits allergens from getting trapped in the foam. This makes memory foam a great choice for indoor and outdoor allergy sufferers.
- Memory foam is constantly advancing in technology. Many memory foam mattresses contain gel or airy materials to increase airflow through the mattress. The increased air circulation keeps the foam mattress cool and dry.
- Adjustable beds pair perfectly with memory foam mattresses. The flexible foam and springy, bounce-back nature of the material allows the mattress to bend to the positions of an adjustable bed without any issue. Plus, the adjustable bed won’t make your mattress wear and tear unevenly. You can prop your bed up to watch television and relax with no problem.
Basically, foam mattresses are a great choice for many people with a variety of different needs. Whether you’re a side sleeper, back sleeper, or stomach sleeper, a foam mattress will keep you comfortable night after night. Plus, foam mattresses will last. You will certainly get your money’s worth out of of a foam mattress.
If you’re considering a foam mattress, check out the selection of affordable mattresses at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Here’s a roundup of some of our favorite foam mattresses and the reasons we love them:
- NordicRest Fjord Collection: This collection is an all-foam mattress option. The 11-inch thick mattress features layers of different Visco foams for structure, durability, and comfort. The stretch-knit fabric is cozy and soft. The Fjord comes in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. Pricing starts at $548.
- NordicRest Odin Collection: This collection is an all-foam mattress option with temperature control technology. The 11-inch thick mattress features temperature-regulating gel foam and responsive Visco memory foam. The Odin comes in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes. Pricing starts at $398.
- Sealy Spensley EPT Cushion Firm Collection: This collection is foam pillowtop and foam core with an encased coil system base. The mattress is great for
You can try each of these mattresses for yourself at your local American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Plus, we offer same-day delivery for all in-stock items. Shop today and sleep on your brand-new foam mattress tonight! Click here for more information.
Give the Gift of a Great Night of Sleep
Are you shopping for a foam mattress for you or a loved one? Consider giving a foam mattress to a friend or family member. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Send your child, niece, nephew, or a family friend to college with a mattress that meets their needs. Foam mattresses are the perfect way to help your loved one get quality sleep while they’re pursuing their studies.
- Gift your growing grandchild with a great foam mattress for their new Big Kid Bed. Kids love memory foam because it feels like a hug.
- Show your parent how much you love them by upgrading their old mattress to a brand-new foam model. They’ll get the quality sleep they need, and you can say “thank you” for all the nights you kept them awake as a kid.
- Surprise your spouse with a brand-new mattress. Now there’s no such thing as a “good side” and “bad side” of the bed.
For all your mattress needs, stop by your local American Freight Furniture and Mattress. We have a great selection of name-brand mattresses for everyday low prices. Plus, we offer payment plans so you can take your mattress home TODAY. Click here to find a store near you.
Visit an American Freight near you to shop the latest mattress models. We offer a wide selection of foam mattresses in Twin, Full, Queen, and King sizes for an affordable price. Plus, check out our same-day delivery for all in-stock mattresses. We offer a warehouse and showroom under one roof to help you get a quality mattress fast!
Subscribe to the Blog
Get the scoop on all things blog related when you sign up for the email list! It’s super easy. Click the image below, add your name and email address, and await the confirmation email in your inbox. Check your spam folder just in case!