It’s the time of year to transform your summer decor into a cozy Fall living room. If you need some design inspiration, or you don’t know where to start, you’ve come to the right place. Today on the blog, we’re covering 5 Warm Color Palettes for Your Fall Living Room. You can expect color and texture trends that will make your living room your favorite place to curl up for Fall. Let’s get started!
Our Top Fall Textures
Before we get into color schemes, let’s talk about texture. You might be surprised to know certain fabrics and materials are Fall staples for interior design. Here are some of our favorites:
- Burlap and faux-burlap: Think hayrides, pumpkin patches, and other outdoor fall activities. You can incorporate burlap in your living room in a few different ways. We love a few burlap pillows on your sofa or accent chair. You could also add a woven burlap area rug to bring the outdoors inside in a chic way. Last but not least, try a burlap-style curtain that will help you keep the heat in your cozy Fall living room.
- Wicker furniture: Nothing invites the outdoors inside like woven wicker furniture and accessories. Toss a thick plaid throw blanket across a wicker accent chair. Fill wicker baskets with pillows and blankets. Add a wicker tray to your coffee table or decorative ottoman. This texture is so simple and cozy.
- Flannel: We welcome plaid and plain varieties. Did you know that flannel doesn’t have to be plaid? So if buffalo plaid isn’t quite your style, you can still get the benefits of the thick, warm material. Try swapping your summer curtains for a heavier flannel to keep your energy bills low. We also love a flannel seat cushion on a wood chair or a collection of flannel pillows.
Now that we’ve talked textures, it’s time to share the five Fall color palettes we promised! From masculine color schemes to spooky settings, there’s a little something for everyone to love in the list of our top picks:
Mauves and Maroons
Rose pinks and wine colors might not be your first thought when you think about Fall colors, but we assure you these shades are perfect for the season. Muted pink, cranberry, wine, and other purple-pink shades are cozy and romantic. You will instantly transform your living room into a warm and inviting space when you incorporate these colors. Here is some pink-spiration for your home:
- Add an upholstered, mauve accent chair
- Hang colorful wall art like wreaths or picture frames
- Roll out a new decorative rug in front of your sofa or sectional
Burnt Orange and Marigold
What’s more Fall than pumpkin orange? Truthfully, not many things. Orange, mustard yellow, marigold, pumpkin, and all the like-colors are great for making your living room all about Fall. This palette is super simple to incorporate into your design. Simply head to your local craft store or decor store to pick up:
- Decorations with pretty fall leaves
- Throw pillows with cozy designs
- Orange or marigold floral arrangements
Do you have a green thumb? Is your home decked out with indoor plants? If so, you’ll love bringing the great outdoors indoors with a forest green color palette. From mossy to pine, there’s a dark green hue for you. You can add plants to your living room to create the green look or try one of these ideas:
- Toss a knit green blanket onto your living room furniture
- Swap some tabletop decor for dark green pieces
- Hang wreaths or other wall art that features the classic Fall color
Incorporate a beautiful Fall color and get ahead on next year’s trends with a navy blue shade. Have you heard? Chinese Porcelain is PPG’s 2020 Color of the Year! Check out the blog here. Deep blues are making a splash in interior design, so you can start getting ahead of the color trend right now! Here are some ways you can add dark blue to your living room:
- Hang long blue curtains to add visual appeal
- Paint an accent wall dark blue for some high contrast
- Tuck a navy blue recliner in the corner of your living room
Coffees & Creams
Warm and cozy shades of brown are perhaps the most reliable color palette you can depend on each Fall. Browns are outdoorsy, simple, and a neutral base that’s great for adding other colors. Complement your brown couch with other shades of browns and creams. Warm beige hues also work for this color scheme. Check out some easy ways to add these colors if you don’t have them already:
- Add a brown coffee table set
- Hang picture frames with brown details
- Display brown decor featuring leaves and pumpkins on a shelf or mantle
Fall for More Autumn Inspiration
There’s more where that came from. For more inspiration for your Fall living room, check out The Complete Living Room Fall Checklist and Best Fall Decorating Ideas for Your Home for tips and tricks. From color palettes to decorations, you have endless possibilities for your living room this season.
Don’t forget, you can shop for all your affordable furniture needs at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. We carry living room furniture, bedroom collections, dining sets, name-brand mattresses, and accessories for low, everyday prices. Shop our latest selection of discount furniture at a store near you. Click here to find your nearest location.
You can also shop online. Yes, you read that right, you can shop our selection from the comfort of your home. Click here for more information.
Join the Blog Community
Thanks for reading! We post new blog content every week. Plus, we offer new quizzes every two weeks. You can get all our new posts and quizzes sent directly to your inbox for free! Simply sign up for the blog subscriber list. To sign up, click the image below and fill out your name and email address. Keep an eye out for your confirmation email in the next 24 hours. You must click the link in your confirmation email to complete your subscription.