Have you ever considered how your living room tables impact the design and functionality of the room? Whether they are tall and simple or short and bold, your side tables and coffee tables offer visual appeal to your living room. But what if your tables don’t inspire you like they used to? Or, is it time to replace your garage sale finds with furniture that excites? Keep reading to find out five reasons you should upgrade your living room tables.
The tables in your living room are the cornerstone of the functionality and texture in the area. It’s time to take a closer look at your living room tables. Here are five reasons you should consider upgrading your tables:
- Your current set isn’t actually a matching set. If you want a cohesive table design throughout your living room, it’s time to ditch the mismatched pieces and get a beautiful collection of tables for your living room. Check out the 3-piece coffee table sets from American Freight. We offer packages of two side tables and a matching coffee table for one low price.
- Your current set matches too well. Ditch the matching set! Yes, you read that right. If you don’t like your matching set and you’re looking for more visual variety, start shopping for tables in like-colors or textures to create a one-of-a-kind look.
- Your hand-me-down pieces aren’t cutting it anymore. It doesn’t matter if you inherited the tables from grandma or your neighbor gave you their extra set. Upgrade to a modern set you actually like that’s in your budget. American Freight has tons of coffee table sets to choose from.
- You’ve changed your style. The living room tables you picked out ten years ago probably aren’t the style you like now. Start shopping for a new collection that will get you excited about interior design again.
- Your current tables are worn or damaged. Accidents happen. No matter if you broke the glass of your coffee table or your new puppy chewed the legs on your side table, use this opportunity to upgrade your living room design with awesome tables.
Are you convinced it’s time to get new tables for your living room? Well, keep reading. The next section will cover colors, shapes, and textures you should consider for your next side table set or coffee table.
Now that you have five great reasons to ditch your old side tables and coffee table, let’s dive into the contemporary styles you can choose from. Check out our top recommendations below:
- Mid-Century Modern Tables—Make your living room design simple with tables that take things back to basics. The thin and rectangle, oval, and circular frames of Mid-Century Modern tables will let your other pieces shine. The beauty of MCM is in the lack of intricate details. They are easy to pair with nearly any living room concept.
- Transitional Tables—Add texture and visual appeal to your living room. Transitional tables come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Choose a walnut wood table with carved legs or a dual material piece that balances wood and stone. Transitional tables add distinct beauty and design to any room.
- Industrial Tables—Metal is having a huge moment right now. Find a table with bold metal hardware or framework to add an iron element to your space. Industrial tables are great for creating contrast against rugs, carpet, vinyl, or hardwood floors.
- Country Chic or Farmhouse Tables—Weathered white tables with hints of beige, grey or brown are beautiful and right on-trend. Find a two-tiered table set or individual pieces to complete the homestyle look throughout your living room. The carved wood details of Country Chic or Farmhouse tables will take your living room back to a simpler time.
- Glamorous Tables—Did someone say shiny? Get all the glitz and glam you want in new side tables with an acrylic or chrome coffee and side table. Some glam tables feature glass, crystal, or mirrors for an elevated appeal. Check out pieces with intricate frames and chrome finishes to make your living room pop!
- Vintage-Inspired Tables—Copy the look of other iconic eras like the Retro 50s or the Art Deco 20s with modern tables featuring vintage elements. From mirrored tables to abstract shapes, there are so many eras of design you can replicate with modern materials.
Shop for individual tables to replace each table you currently have. Or, overhaul your whole living room with a new concept for your table setup. You can add side tables all around the room to hold table lamps, books, drinks, and decor. Ditch the ottoman for a compact coffee table with two tiers. Swap an old coffee table for a new circular table with plenty of room for a tray of decor and candles. You can even use side tables as plant stands or stand-alone decoration. Whatever you do, just make sure it reflects your style and meets your needs.
Check out The Ferara is High-Gloss and Fabulous and This Amelia Coffee Table Set is Country Chic to see some of our favorite modern coffee table collections for yourself. Each set comes with a coffee table and two matching side tables.
Did you know there are over 160 American Freight locations? Click here to find the location nearest you. We have everything from living room furniture to bedroom collections. Pick up a gel memory foam mattress with built-in cooling technology or a spacious dining room table to fit the whole family. We have the furniture you need at everyday low prices at American Freight.
Plus, take your furniture or mattress home today for $50 with our low, easy payment option. See your local store or click here for more details. You can also get free layaway for up to 24 months or enjoy same-day delivery for all in-stock items.
Sign Up for the Blog!
It’s easy to get blogs and quizzes sent directly to your inbox. Simply click the image below to add your name and email address then check your inbox to click the confirmation link. Note: You might have to wait up to a day to receive the confirmation email. If you don’t click the confirmation link, your free subscription won’t activate.